Saturday, February 20, 2010

Postproduction me?

How does postproduction affect me?
Up until the moment of this class the ideas of postproduction spent very little time wandering the halls of my mind. Although there was always some inkling of the greater meaning it wasn’t until I actually tried to digest and process these arguments to produce some of my own thoughts. I am still working on understanding the higher meanings. As a creative person not necessarily an artist, I have to consider the issues of copyrights, and “Intellectual property” that comes into play in my own work. Up until now I have always created my own pieces; however, currently I am attempting to use more ready-mades exploring a more conceptual process of creativity. It has been a difficult transition and still ongoing but it plays falls largely in this realm of grey-ness that is the arguments that surround post-production. There is a great deal more processing and reading that needs to be done on my part to see a clearer image of where I fall in this alien realm. I am positive that this class will aid me in this intellectual journey I am undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment