Sunday, February 28, 2010

Its all over and up to us!

As for the book as a whole… all I can really say is whoa. There are a great deal of ideas, opinions, haste conclusions, things I agree with and things I do not. As a creative mind I see its value. Though, as he said in the beginning this is only a sketch of the contemporary issues at hand. I suppose the main thing I have gotten from the reading of this book is that these times are not only socially and economically difficult but also difficult to define as a critic of art. The questions raise revolve around what is valuable. If everything is accessible from home where is its value? As the next generation of artist how will we choose to shape the world around us? Do we engage it? Do we retreat? Do we throw in the towel and grab a beer? I suppose it is for me to decide. It is for you to decide

No comments:

Post a Comment